Office Brands Limited is Australia’s largest independent office products buying group whose members operate under Office National, Office Products Depot and O-Net (unbranded).
Ethical Sourcing Framework
Office Brands strives to promote sustainability and minimise the adverse environmental impacts of its operations and products sold by its dealers.
Office Brands aims to supply its dealers with access to products and services in a manner that minimises adverse environmental impacts, by being sensitive to environmental issues throughout the dealer network.
Office Brands undertakes to:
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations and internally-established environmental performance standards;
- Communicate this policy to all its stakeholders;
- Promote sustainability by conserving resources in conducting its internal operations and giving it consideration in the preferred supplier agreements for the procurement of products available for its dealers to distribute;
- Seek opportunities to improve its ability to identify, measure and control the environmental impacts of its preferred suppliers and their products; and
- Maintain an open and constructive dialogue on environmental issues with its key stakeholders.
Office Brands undertakes to engage with its preferred suppliers, internal teams, independent environmental leaders and its dealers, in its efforts to promote sustainability and minimise adverse environmental impacts.
Ethical Sourcing of Paper-Based Products
To achieve its ethical sourcing objectives, Office Brands seeks to eliminate, from its supply chain, wood fibre from the following “high risk” sources:
- Forest known or suspected to be of high conservation value, except where the forest is certified, or in progress to certification under a credible certification system;
- Forest actively converted from natural forest to a plantation or other land use, unless justified on grounds of net social and environmental gain (including enhancement of high conservation values in the surrounding landscape);
- Material illegally harvested or traded;
- Material traded in a way that drives violent armed conflict or threatens national or regional stability;
- Harvesting or processing entities, or related political or military regimes, that violate human rights;
- Material sourced from genetically modified trees; and
- Unknown source forests.
To progress its achievement of these goals, Office Brands undertakes to:
- Seek information from suppliers on the source of the wood, fibre or other forest materials in the products sourced for its dealers;
- Review chain-of-custody information against this policy and supporting operational procedures; and
- Continually improve the level of compliance with these policies using annual reviews, reports and actions agreed with our preferred suppliers.